Sunday, May 22, 2011

My Coffee Table Replacement


I have a very small living room, and we used to have a very large, old cedar trunk for a coffee table. It worked just fine in our previous, much larger house, but I never liked it here. It has become an end of the bed, bench in our master bedroom. So my sweet hubby made me a new table a few months ago. It was not quite the size I wanted either. And the finish I gave it really didn't work for me. I gave it to my son this week, who just came in need for a coffee table.
I have had this little table for years. I bought it at an estate sale in North East Texas. I never had a good place for it, so it was lost in all our junk outside. It has spent the last 3 years buried under stuff in the carport. I dug it out this weekend and remembered why I fell in love with it to start with. Shabbied her up with some white paint and here she is.


This is a copper wire nest I made last year. It's under a cheese dome, I painted the base white,
of course.


Michelle and I went out to the back of our property and picked wild sunflowers. They showed up this year. We have never had them before. I just love them.


I always have to have a little something from the sea. Can never get enough of the
southern coast feel.


And there she is. My new, "old" coffee table. Let me know what you think and thanks for stopping by. Have a great week.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! I am also a Tx Blogger. Please check me out...
http://klcmaher-themorethemerrier.blogspot.com
I followed you on GFC. klcmaher

Amy@HomeRemediesRX said...

What a gorgeous table! I love size and shape... the paint treatment looks great too!

Elise said...

I love the table! I have such a soft spot for re-used, re-painted, re-purposed furniture! It feels like home! I'm a fellow blogger and cowgirl at heart. Please check me out at www.beautifulride.wordpress.com or visit the little shop I created about a year ago www.cowgirlinthesandonline.com. Thanks!