Wednesday, September 2, 2009
A new Bulletin Board
This is a new project I did today. The frame was a curbside find years ago. It used to have a mirror in it, that was broken in the last move. I loved this frame from the start, and had to keep it. It was originally brown, but I saw potential. I added the embellishments and did a green crackle finish. It has been hiding behind a door waiting for me to do something to it for 3 years. Well I was inspired today and decided it was going to be a bulletin board.
I started with a piece of cardboard. I cut pieces of quilt batting and a piece of fabric. I then stapled the edges around the cardboard. I cut a piece of chicken wire about 3" larger then the size of the covered cardboard. Then I started to fold the edges over. That's it. I put it back in the frame and I LOVE IT!!! Let me know what you think. If you have any questions, let me know.
P.S. Don't forget to feed my hamster ;)