Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Time to say goodbye to fall and Welcome Christmas


I never did get around to doing too much to my mantel for the fall. Put some feathers in a glass jar and of course put "Rockey" up there. Nonetheless, it's time to say goodbye and welcome Christmas.





Bye Rockey, see ya next year.



Oh, do I see a little shabby seaside theme coming into view??


Yes I do think so. Vintage ornaments, glass pieces and shells. Oh I think it's coming together.



A few of my favorite things tucked in to the vintage silver and white tinsel garland. A little glitter here and there.




Oh would that be a glitter cottage under glass. Why yes it is. This is a new tradition we have adopted, making glitter houses. Together, as a family, we make a new one every year. This was our first attempt 2 years ago. A little pink cottage.


This was last Christmas' addition. A little white chapel. Who knows what we will do this year. Any suggestions?



I think the branches on the right side are missing something. What do you think?



I have had this angel for years. She is made of tin and hold a candle inside. I made these feather trees years ago.




That's what the right side needed. A little more pink.



Well it took me a few hours to clean off the old fall and welcome Christmas, but it's done and I am happy.

1 comment:

~Sues Treasures on the Porch~ said...

I love your shabby Christmas decor! I decided to decorate in Rustic Country Christmas this year please come over to my blog and see what I did on my wrap around front porch. I have been a follower of yours for a while. I don't always get to comment as I may check it when I am getting ready for work. I hardly ever get the time to sit down and enjoy but I wanted to change that and make the time for my fav's thank you for the inspiration! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!